Admissions and Occupancy, (859) 236-6116
Resident Services
Resident Services Office, (859) 324-5720


Why do I have to be fingerprinted?

While running a routine background check, it was detected through the NCIC system that there could be a possibility of a previous arrest on record, which must be verified. A record needs to be obtained to make a legal determination whether or not to extend a lease to an applicant.

When do I need to register a guest?

When one has a guest that will be staying overnight or past 12 midnight, which is considered an overnight guest, the resident must register the guest, as well as their guest’s vehicle, with their housing manager, 1014 Rosemont Ave, 236-6116. This will help avoid the resident being cited for unregistered guests as well as their guest’s unregistered vehicles being cited.

How do I register my guests?

You can register your guests at the Administrative Office, 1014 Rosemont Ave, 236-6116. If your guest arrives after the office is closed, call the office and leave a voicemail with your information, including the guest’s name and address, with your telephone number so that we may contact you the next business day.

What if my guest brings a pet?

Your guest’s pet must also be registered with your housing manager. Shot records for the pet must be provided.

Who is considered a guest?

Anyone not listed on your lease is considered a guest.


How do I make a report?

You can make a report by contacting the Administrative Office, 1014 Rosemont Ave, 236-6116. After hours, you can leave a voicemail.

Will the person be told who made the report?

No. All reports to this office are kept confidential.

What is considered a reportable incident?

Any time there is criminal activity, a lease violation and/or someone is disturbing your peaceful enjoyment of your community.

Why did I receive a letter from the Housing Manager?

Any time there is a suspected violation of the above-mentioned items, the Housing Manager notifies the individual with a letter of the alleged incident. The resident is afforded an opportunity to respond to the allegation by calling the Housing Manager at 236-6116.

Will I be evicted on a first incident?

One of the missions of the Housing Authority of Danville is to provide affordable safe housing to those that are in need. With that mission in mind, and understanding the close proximity of the living arrangements without our communities, this office allows the residents, within a reasonable amount of time, to correct the situation, while being monitored. If the situation is not corrected within a reasonable amount of time, residents are required to come in for personal one on one counseling.
However, in the case where drugs or an event of an aggravated nature is involved, the Authority has a zero tolerance for these activities.

What do I do when I’m going on vacation?

Residents should call this office and inform when you are going to be away for an extended period of time. 

What should I do if I have not seen my neighbor for a period of time and am concerned about their welfare?

If you are concerned about your neighbor’s welfare, contact the Administrative Office, 1014 Rosemont Ave at 236-6116.

When should I call 9-1-1?

Any time there is a situation that involves criminal activity or is an emergency in nature, call 9-1-1 first and then call Administrative Office at 236-6116.


How do I go about registering my pet?

No pets may be brought on the premises before it is registered with the Housing Authority of Danville. According to the Housing Authority of Danville Pet Policy, to register a cat or dog, the pet owner must provide:

  1. Financial obligations include a pet deposit.
  2. A non-refundable fee will also be required to cover the reasonable operating costs to the development relating to the presence of pets.
  3. A certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian or state or local authority stating that the pet has received all inoculations required by applicable state and local law. All cats and dogs over the age of six months must be neutered or spayed and tenant must provide such evidence to the Housing Authority.
  4. Proof that the animal is properly licensed and registered in accordance with Boyle County requirements. Pet owner is responsible for compliance with Boyle County Animal Control Ordinance currently in effect or as may be amended from time to time.
  5. Information sufficient to identify the pet.
  6. Name, address, and phone number of one or more responsible parties who will care for the pet if the pet owner dies, is incapacitated, or is otherwise unable to care for the pet.
  7. Pet Information Sheet must be filled out.
  8. Pet Information Sheet must be updated annually at the annual recertification.

Can I have a guest pet in my apartment?

According to the Housing Authority of Danville Pet Policy, pets not owned by a resident may be permitted on the premises, however, the animal must be on a leash if brought outside the apartment, and the animal is confined to the resident’s unit only. Further, the head of the household is responsible for any damage to the personal property of the Housing Authority property by the visitor’s animal. Visitor must register with Housing Authority before letting animal stay in unit.

What kind of pet can be registered?

According to the Housing Authority of Danville Pet Policy, no snakes are allowed. Animals that are exotic, wild, unusual, or different from normal household pets, such as chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, or similar animals or fowl either domesticated or non-domesticated are prohibited. Raccoons, lizards, rabbits, hedgehogs, snakes, potbelly pigs, ferrets, or any other warm blood or cold-blooded animal which can normally be found in the wild state and which may pose a nuisance or danger to other residents and/or employees are prohibited. Any animal or animals that attacks, bites, injures or poses a threat to a person or other animals without adequate provocation; or which, because of temperament, conditioning, or training, has a known propensity to attack, bite or injure people or other animals are prohibited. Pit bulls and rottweilers are not permitted at any time as pets.


What do I need to bring to register my car?

Register your vehicle at the Administrative Office, 1014 Rosemont Ave, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. You need to bring your state of Kentucky driver’s license and your Kentucky Vehicle Registration. Your vehicle must be physically present so that the Housing Manager personnel may place the parking sticker inside your vehicle. The Kentucky Vehicle Registration must be in the name of a member of the household.

Why did my vehicle get stickered with a Housing Authority of Danville Parking Citation?

It is a warning that you are in violation of the Housing Authority of Danville Parking Policy and that, if corrective action is not taken immediately, the stickered vehicle is subject to be towed at owner’s expense.

Housing Authority of Danville Logo
Danville Housing Authority © 2024 All rights reserved.

Established in 1950, The Housing Authority of Danville is a federally assisted public housing community regulated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

1014 Rosemont Avenue
Danville, Kentucky

Monday - Friday
7:30AM - 5:00PM